Priority 1: Success for all students
- Raise standards of literacy and numeracy for students.
- Ensure all students attend school regularly.
- Ensure all students are actively engaged with their learning.
- Ensure an inclusive environment to allow all students access to the curriculum.
- Provide intervention strategies and integration of services for children and families.
- Expand/Promote the use of technology to enhance student learning (K-7).
- Expand opportunities for students to develop personal and social capabilities.
Priority 2: Provide a high level of Intellectual Quality in all curriculum areas
- Provide all students with the opportunity to engage in Higher Order Thinking Skills across the curriculum.
- Provide a challenging learning environment for all students.
- Ensure all students are provided with the opportunity to try new ideas and experiences.
- Co ordinate professional learning to support staff to implement Higher Order Thinking Skills across the School.
Priority 3: High Quality Early Childhood Education
- Deliver appropriate pedagogy to improve student engagement with learning.
- Build a culture of high expectation and high performance.
- Provide a safe, welcoming and engaging learning environment.
- Continue to provide better intervention strategies and involve parents and the community in the life of our school.
- Prepare for the smooth transition from the Pre-Primary to the main school.
- Acknowledge the cultural diversity of our students and encourage them to interact in relation to others with care, empathy and respect.
Priority 4: Positive student behaviour, attendance and well-being
- Involve parents by providing information and support.
- Undertake many forms of physical activities.
- Encourage and strengthen positive interaction in and out of class.
- Ensure child safety in all circumstances.
- Provide for all children including those with special needs.
- Recognise appropriate behaviours.
Priority 5: Implementation of Phase 1 of the Australian Curriculum
- Use department on line resources to support our programs and the use of the Australian Curriculum.
- All read/explore the Australian Curriculum specific to relevant year levels and begin to plan using the document.
Create and try documents to facilitate planning (e.g. mathematics overview)using the Australian Curriculum and recording of student achievements.
- Develop a recording sheet/system that demonstrates opportunity & achievement. (use resources reflecting the achievement standards).
- PD teachers on strands of Australian Curriculum and identify ‘what's new’; explore the differences between the old and new.
- Meet with Maths and Literacy Curriculum Leaders for support in the implementation of the Australian Curriculum; and like year level teachers (any school) for regular professional discussions. Teacher Network meetings, whole school planning & common assessment tasks throughout the school.
- Begin to trial work samples in classrooms, linking your planning with Australian Curriculum overview.
- Appoint Curriculum Leaders - M E S H